- Base Kit: Bandai 1/100 Gundam Gusion / Gusion Rebake
- Modifications: Internal frame is from 1/100 Gundam Barbatos modified to fit the armor.
- Painting Notes: Base colors are Gaiacolor Lacquers, weathered with Ammo products.
- Base Kit: Bandai 1/144 Slave I
- Painting Notes: Primary colors with Gaiacolor Lacquers, chipping with Ammo acrylics and Gaiacolor lacquers, weathered with Ammo pigments, effects, and washes.
- Modifications: Scribing on the display base.
- Awards: 2nd Place, Fiction Vehicles Category, 14th IPMS (Philippines) Nationals (2016)
My entry to Mechapinoy’s in-house contest, in which I got the top spot amongst other awesome builds. The parts are from the HG Mechanics Neue Ziel and HG Gundam Double X. The armor and backpack are painted with metallic candy orange, dark stainless silver, brass trims, and varnished in gloss. The human parts are a simple gray and white scheme accented with purple hair, top-coated with flat clear for contrast.
This is a custom paint build using the original colors, but making it more subtle. Using light gray instead of white levels the saturation with the other colors to balance the color scheme. Everything is out of the box, including the decals.
The 1/100 MG Wing Ver. Ka is quite an old kit and it has a few minor quirks. The sticker decals are thicker compared to later Bandai releases which makes them harder to hide. Plus, they are a challenge to position as they are not precisely cut to match the surface of the kit.
This build is a commish project. I got the kit fully assembled and had to clean up some nub marks and dents. Also, a few seam lines needed to be addressed. It’s not entirely an original concept or color scheme but it was a fun project.
Base Kit: 1/100 MG Gundam Heavyarms (Endless Waltz)
Modelling Notes: Custom painted, no modifications
Products Used: Gaiacolor, Mr. Surfacer, Tamiya Enamel Colors, Tamiya Thinners